
I changed my first flat tire yesterday. Matt showed me how to do it the last time we got a flat (a whopping 2 months ago) and when I walked out of the apartment to go pick him up from work yesterday, there was another one, flat as could be. So I called him and told him what was up and he arranged a ride home from work and told me just to go inside and relax until he got home.
But did I?
Nope! I whipped out that jack and those tools and got busy!! I almost had the tire off by the time he got home and I finished up the job shortly after. Aside from a little trial and error, it was a success! I'm so thankful I won't just have to sit on the side of the road as psychopath bait anymore!!!
The main point of this post though is the fact that I went to Wal-Mart today and saw that they're starting to get school supplies in. I love this time of year! All those new pencils and pens and notebooks and organizational items! I just have to stand there and take it all in. It's a fresh start. Growth. Change. Excitement. I love school supplies. I don't love school. In fact, after elementary school, I pretty much hated it with the exception of a few years. Funny how that is, huh?
So that's it. Next time you're in a store that's got bins and aisles of school supplies, do yourself a favor and breathe it in. Smell those wooden writing utensils and the piles of paper. Buy yourself a new notebook or planner. Organize something. You'll feel better. :D

No comments:
Post a Comment