I've forgotten what it's like to sleep through a night without waking up several times unable to breathe, throat burning or coughing my head off. I sleep with a box of Kleenex by the bed. I travel with my box of Kleenex.
Matt's been a real trooper. I've watched him cook meals, go shopping, do dishes, bake cookies and keep about a dozen commitments we'd made before the walk from the bed to the couch seemed like too much for me to handle.
One day early on, I was laying in bed thinking about getting up but just couldn't seem to get motivated. I was wondering how I was going to get medicine, something to eat and settle in on the couch when standing up seemed like too much to ask. Then, I heard the lock on the front door and in comes Matt. He had come home from work because he tried to call me (and my phone was in the living room on vibrate) and was concerned when he couldn't reach me. He made me soup, got me medicine and settled me on the couch and then went back to work. He's been such an amazing blessing to me!!!
As for how I'm feeling, I think I might be coming out of it. Maybe. I went out today for the first time in a week. All was going well until Mardel. I needed to buy a book for a gift (I'm WAY behind on everything since I've been sick so much and I'm trying to make up for it) and right as I'm getting in line to check out, I feel the spot in my throat flaring up. The one that makes me instantly start coughing and coughing and I can't get it under control.
Knowing disaster is upon me, I leave the checkout line to cough and compose myself away from as many people as possible. I get to a more secluded part of the store and the coughs just keep coming. I debate leaving the book and coming back for it later.
I'm working to get gum out of my purse hoping that the mint and chewing might help calm things down. Meanwhile, I'm trying to stifle the coughs as much as possible which is resulting in tears and snot streaming down my face. And when a cough does break out, it sounds more like I'm gasping for air.
I get the gum and start chewing. Then get a Kleenex to take care of all the streaming issues. I was able to get it under control enough to get in line (which couldn't have been slower considering I was on the verge of losing it again) and check out. I get out to the car and decide that's probably enough for one morning.
So now I'm back at home, on the couch, hoping tomorrow will be a better day and thankful for an awesome husband and wonderful friends!

2 comments:
Once you get over this you may not be sick for a very long time! God Bless Matt! See you soon, we hope!
Eww. Kelsey this sounds horrible! I'm sick in bed today. It's an upset stomach and other mild syptoms. That's really cool how Matt's taking care of you. Good for him. Mike's been being "Mom" all day for my boys. He's not doing bad at all! Thank goodness for husbands.
Post a Comment