Once upon a time, we got a food processor.
It's a great appliance to have.
We loved using it.
For about 6 months.
Then, one fateful day, we put the bowl and lid in the dishwasher.
Pretty sure they were on the top rack.
Pretty sure they got warped and the lid would no longer fit on the bowl.
As a safety feature, when the lid won't fit on the bowl, the bowl won't lock on the food processor unit.
When the bowl won't lock on the food processor unit, the unit won't run.
Wah-wah.
So there sat our sad food processor.
Warped.
Deformed.
Unusable.
All our ungrated cheese and unpulverized nuts sat mocking us in the fridge.
What to do.
I logged onto the company's website and asked if they had any replacement bowls.
I told them ours warped in the dishwasher.
They graciously said they would send us another one free of charge.
They also mentioned that the bowl and lid must be washed on the top rack of the dishwasher with the "heated dry" option off in order to keep from warping.
Pretty sure the manual never said that.
So we wait.
And wait.
A week or two later, a new bowl shows up.
We unwrap it.
It looks different from the original bowl.
Hmmm.
And it doesn't fit the base.
It's the wrong bowl.
Wah-wah.
So I email the company back and tell them they sent us the wrong bowl.
They apologize and say they will ship another one out.
But it's on back order.
We had to wait at least a month.
Wah-wah.
We wait, grating our food by hand.
Finally, the new bowl arrives.
We unpack it.
Set it up.
It looks just like bowl #2.
They sent us the same wrong bowl.
Again.
We waited over a month.
For the wrong bowl.
Wah-wah.
Back to the email.
I alert them to the issue.
We play phone tag.
Turns out they had the wrong model number entered into the system.
No problem.
Third bowl on the way.
We wait.
Bowl arrives.
We unpack it. (Anyone detecting a pattern here?)
We don't even have to set it up.
The bowl has a white handle.
Our food processor is black.
We put it on the unit.
Let's just say it looked a little ghetto.
I wasn't in the mood to take a picture.
So I go back to the email.
They don't have a black-handled option anymore.
Oh.my.
The blog post pretty much wrote itself.
It seemed we were doomed to a brand-new, ghetto-looking food processor.
But then, my genius of a husband suggests we pry the white handle off the new bowl and pry the black handle off the old bowl and swap them out.
So I did.
With a steak knife.
And it worked!
Then, just to come full circle on our tale, we got a shipping label in the mail and were asked to ship the other two incorrect bowls back.
We packed them back up and sent them on their way.
All was right in our food-processing world.
Out came our cheese.
We grated and grated.
Why?
Because we could.
Then, I put it in the top rack of the dishwasher.
I turned the dishwasher on.
I got in the car and went to run errands.
I got about three blocks away.
I realized I didn't turn the "heated dry" option off on the dishwasher.
I turned around.
I drove back home.
I walked in the door, pushed the button, turned around and walked out.
I learn some lessons the hard way.
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
hahaha! What an ordeal...
I recently have noticed a lot of small businesses being created in our area and wondered how could they ever compete against the big ones. After reading this maybe it's not so hard after all! Z&N
this is great : )
Post a Comment