Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Making of a Home Part 2

So I'm really great at starting things, not so great at finishing them. I have a tendency to get distracted onto other things and not come back to my original project. Take for instance, Making of a Home Part 1. Implies there will be a part 2 right? Well, I got sidetracked on other things with no real intention of coming back to it even though it's gonna be good. Why? Who knows. But, I wanted part 2 to be told so much that I told myself no more blog posts until I finish my series. So why am I posting it today? Because I found something else that I really wanna post but I can't post it until I finish the series. See how that works? Self-discipline in action people.

Here begins Making of a Home Part 2.

Our home would not be a home without all of our awesomely amazing friends! I have been blown away by the people the Lord has placed in our lives. They're friends who pray we wouldn't get a ghetto house all the while being supportive of the fact that we put an offer in on said ghetto house. They're friends who get just as excited that we're not going to buy a ghetto house as we are. Friends who meet us at Lowe's with the purpose of letting us use them for their truck. Friends who lay on their stomach for at least an hour trying to paint the line between the wall and the baseboard as straight as humanly possible. Friends who install your blinds in a dark room because the power was turned off so other friends could help install ceiling fans in other dark rooms. Friends who bring over their TV so they can help us work on the house vs. telling us they can't make it because they want to watch a debate. Friends who show up unexpectedly or offer their trailers and bust out a move when you're too tired to move anymore. 

So here's a shout out to each and every one of you!!!! Thanks for all the help! Thanks for making our house a home!!!! 
 


No comments: