Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Refining Part II

Part of what led me into the refining process is that I sought clarity from the Lord on who He made me to be and what He made me to do.

I quickly realized those are some big questions that don’t have simple answers.

It’s required me to hold everything I love and everything I want loosely as He sifts through it and shows me what He wants me to keep and what He wants me to release.

Some of them have been pretty painful.

Some of them I’m hoping maybe the Lord’s asking me to let go of for now but may bring back around sometime in the future.

Some of them I was a little caught off guard by.

Like my other blog. The one I started so that we could share what we’re learning about living a simpler, more natural life (Unnatural Journey to Natural Living).

To be honest, I was having a hard time continuing with it because I wasn’t really convinced it was the best use of my time.

I knew the info could be popular and beneficial to people, but I didn’t really see what it had to do with God.

It didn’t feel like the equivalent of starting a blog that continually shared the Gospel in a blatant way.

So I struggled with how God could want me to invest in something that isn’t overtly spiritual.

Healthy, simple, clean living is something that those from all walks of life embrace. So how does it glorify God?

Through this process, I feel like God’s shown me that there is no area of life that’s more or less godly than others. God cares about all the details of our lives. He created them all and can therefore be glorified through them all.

As I’ve approached it from that perspective, I’ve seen how the more I learn, the more it causes me to praise God for who He is.

The main responsibility I’d have in blogging about it is making sure I’m pointing out how God is in it and what He says on the topic and giving Him credit where credit is due (instead of crediting mother nature or evolution or our ancestors).

All that to say, one of the things I’m walking away from this time with is what we believe is a direction to pursue that blog to use it for God’s glory (which was always the hope, but now I feel like I have a more specific idea of how to do it).

Matt and I have plans to combine our skill sets and do things with video and photos and tutorials and all kinds of fun stuff.

Who knows how the Lord can use it.

We’re kinda excited about it though, and we’d love for you to keep up with us over there as we share things that we’re up to that are more specific to glorifying God in the area of eating and living.

You can bookmark the blog or sign up for email notifications. Unnatural Journey to Natural Living

You can also follow it on Facebook, where I share articles and other things I find that are helpful or interesting. Unnatural Journey on Facebook

Finally, I started a Pinterest account for the blog where I’ll pin recipes and things I’m wanting to try as well as keeping a list of things I’ve tried that have worked and those that haven’t. Unnatural Journey on Pinterest

Thanks for reading and keeping up with our craziness!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Matt and I have plans to combine our skill sets and do things with video and photos and tutorials and all kinds of fun stuff."
With the dynamic Trio (the two of you w/God), everything is possible!
What a huge, but exciting venture! Love, Us

Anonymous said...


so dad just discovered you're at it again! so happy about that -- whatever you two attempt is very interesting. you have always been such an outstanding team and we are so proud of you both. we'll be following along in your newest adventure. love, moi