I don’t know how to blog and be myself.
See, for me, blogging is counterintuitive to the way I conduct my life.
Unless you’re one of a select few people in my life, you probably know these things to be true about me.
1. I don’t talk much.
2. I don’t share much.
3. I don’t really know what to say. Ever.
4. I don’t like attention.
It’s not that I don’t like people. I just do more observing and listening than I do talking. For me, it’s hard to really get to know people if I’m talking, and I’d rather get to know people than share about myself.
But as I’ve evaluated what blogging is, I’ve realized if I’m going to have a blog anyone wants to read, I’ll have to work through those things.
I have to evaluate what I should share, how, when and how to deal with attention (or the lack of it —when it comes to blogging, attention is a good thing and a lack of it not so good); and still feel like I’m being who the Lord made me to be.
Is that possible?
I’m still not really sure.
What I do know is that God doesn’t always ask us to do things that are comfortable to us.
When God called Moses to lead the Israelites, Moses responds with:
Unless you’re one of a select few people in my life, you probably know these things to be true about me.
1. I don’t talk much.
2. I don’t share much.
3. I don’t really know what to say. Ever.
4. I don’t like attention.
It’s not that I don’t like people. I just do more observing and listening than I do talking. For me, it’s hard to really get to know people if I’m talking, and I’d rather get to know people than share about myself.
But as I’ve evaluated what blogging is, I’ve realized if I’m going to have a blog anyone wants to read, I’ll have to work through those things.
I have to evaluate what I should share, how, when and how to deal with attention (or the lack of it —when it comes to blogging, attention is a good thing and a lack of it not so good); and still feel like I’m being who the Lord made me to be.
Is that possible?
I’m still not really sure.
What I do know is that God doesn’t always ask us to do things that are comfortable to us.
When God called Moses to lead the Israelites, Moses responds with:
“Please, Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither recently nor in time past, nor since You have spoken to Your servant; for I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.” (Exodus 4:10)
Oh Moses, buddy. I feel your pain.
But God wanted Moses to trust that He would overcome any of Moses’ shortcomings and would tell him what to say.
So here’s what I know.
God made me who I am.
I am not generally chatty.
He might still call me to do something that doesn’t come naturally to me (like blogging) because it gives Him glory when I trust Him to work through me.
Easy to say.
Harder to do.
The super awesome thing is that if God really is calling me to do this thing, then I can look forward to seeing how He’ll walk me through it.
If He’s not really calling me to this thing, then, well, you may not be hearing all that much from me.
I know, I know.
Typical.


1 comment:
i have to build up courage just to respond like this. i admire you!
Post a Comment