We had an amazing year of moving to Abilene, making some incredible friends, becoming members of the most awesome church ever, buying a house, getting a dog and so many other things that I can't even mention them all.
The question is, will 2009 continue the trend of us settling in with all the changes or will we see more change in '09 that will set our years on a new pattern? We will soon find out.
In the meantime, here's a pic of Abi. She's about a year old and had a somewhat rough first week with us. Shots, heartworm test and spaying. Poor girl. But she's all done with the yuckyness and will get her third bath tomorrow. Then she'll be able to enjoy her "normal" dog life. She enjoys laying in the sun, long walks around the fence and eating pecans.
And here's our first attempt at a group shot.
Finally, I would like to talk about something spiritual. It's small but impacted me in the last week.
First some background. We ordered a bookshelf from Amazon and it was scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday (after it was supposed to be delivered on Monday). I wasn't going to be home in the afternoon, so I figured I would probably have to sign for it or else pick it up by myself the next day. Not a big deal, but it would be a hassle. So Matt and I asked the Lord to allow me to be home to sign for the package. We thought it was a somewhat ridiculous request, 1. because it's no big deal, and 2. because I already knew I most likely wouldn't be home.
I got in the car to leave for the afternoon. I pull out of the driveway and start to head down the street. I look in the rearview mirror and see the FedEx truck pull up to our house. I pull over in front of our yard and meet the guy with the package. I had to sign for it and then I dragged the box into the house. It was amazing!!!
Now for why this has had such an impact on me. There are a couple situations that are primarily on my heart that I've been praying for. I've been praying for one of them for a couple years and the other for a couple months. It feels like God is taking too long. It's hard to believe that God cares or hears because I see nothing. It's easy to get weary and feel like giving up. Surely God would've answered already if He were going to, right?
Well, this "ridiculous" request and an answer that could only have come from the Lord reminds me that He does hear and He is in control and to keep praying. To keep asking. To keep going. To trust Him with the timing because I never know when He'll send the FedEx truck to my door. But I do know that when it finally gets here, it won't be a minute too late.
With that, Happy '09, and Happy Bday Blog!!!!

1 comment:
1. abi is cute.
2. I prayed for something small this week too that God answered. It did help to remind me that he is always there, it's just a matter of waiting for his timing!
Post a Comment