Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Abi, NO!!!

We have uttered the phrase "Abi, NO!!!" countless times over the last month.

Abi, NO!!! water bowls are not meant to be buried.
Abi, NO!!! we don't want our hose chewed into little pieces.
Abi, NO!!! if you put a hole in your water bucket, you won't have any water to drink.
Abi, NO!!! don't turn the hose on and flood the backyard.
Abi, NO!!! you can't jump up on the kitchen counter and run around the house with beef.
Abi, NO!!! we shouldn't come home to find the laundry basket shredded.
Abi, NO!!! the church camera equipment is not a chew toy.
Abi, NO!!! barking and barking and barking is annoying.
Abi, NO!!! people don't want your teeth to be the first thing you touch them with.

The list could go on, but I think the point has been made. Abi is a lot of fun and cuteness but she doesn't realize how big she is or how to listen to us yet. We're making progress though. 

Yesterday, when she was barking incessantly, I stuck my head out the door and yelled "Abi!!!" and waited. The barking stopped so I looked toward the side of the house waiting for her to come over and see what I wanted. I waited and waited and finally I see a little yellow lab head peaking around the side of the house, knowing she was in trouble. 

One of these days, she'll be allowed to socialize with everyone. But until she gets her act together, we'll keep working on her. 

Not that it's all work. These are a few of the cute things she does.

She sleeps UNDER our bed sometimes. The other night, I couldn't find her. I thought I looked under the bed far enough, but when I was about to ask Matt where she was, I saw a little nose sticking out from the bottom of the bed. She was smack center. And she's 80 pounds.

She snores. Loud. I mean really loud. Sometimes she and Matt will get going simultaneously. It's pretty funny.

Whenever she hears us leaving or sees us coming home, she's waiting at the gate or the backdoor to say "hi" or "bye."

Every time we let her in the house, she thinks it's time to eat.

She likes to lay under the dining room table when we eat. She takes up the whole floor space under the table and most of the time she's laying on someone's feet.

She keeps finding random things buried in the yard. For now, we'll ignore the fact that she has to dig to find them. She found a piece of PVC pipe the other day. We thought she ripped it off of the house somewhere but she found it. Now it's her toy. 

Matt said we should train her to find drugs and make some money. Maybe that would pay for our hose, our laundry basket and some beef. 




1 comment:

Mathew Bardwell said...

I've lived through all this and I still almost fell out of my chair laughing! Wait... maybe that's why I almost fell out of my chair laughing... because I've seen it and know what's up. Well, anyways, I love that Abi and praise the LORD she's our dog!