Thursday, January 24, 2008

Abilene!

Well, for anyone who read my first post about 2008 being an even year, the trend continues! We are headed to Abilene about a week from today.

The crazy part is, we only found this out a week ago today. It feels like months ago that we found out we were moving. Every day since has been spent running errands, making calls, signing up for things, canceling things, picking things up, dropping things off, packing boxes, packing space bags (bags that are vacuum sealed to get rid of the air, thus making them take up less space), organizing, signing documents, sending emails, etc. CRAZY!!!! Moving out of state is a lot harder than we originally thought!

Today for example, I got up this morning, packed about 4 or 5 boxes, cleaned out some kitchen cabinets, did the dishes, changed our business address, dropped off a check to our lawyer to close the business in CO, went to Wal-Mart 3 times, packed some space bags, disassembled the guest bed and researched getting a drivers license in TX. I then realized I needed a Social Security card, and since somehow mine is lost, I had to fill out an application and go down to the Social Security office to register for a replacement. It should come in two weeks. I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. Every day has been filled with a random collection of activities related to moving. It's exciting and fun but really exhausting! I've been ready to go to bed every day at 5:30.

But, we are SOOO excited. We feel like the Lord is totally behind this move, and how can we argue with that?!? Matt can't wait to start his new job, and we're beyond ready for a little warmer weather (and so far, everything seems to be cheaper in TX too!). Not to mention all the people we already know and love in Abilene, and a church that's just awesome that we've been wanting to join for years! We praise the Lord for what He's done and how He's shown Himself in this whole situation. Maybe some day I'll detail all the awesome ways the Lord has shown Himself in this... But first I need some sleep!!!

No comments: