This recipe is a combo of some things. We took the bacon and cheese wrapped in chicken idea from Kerry Prater when we went to visit them in Abilene. We took the breadcrumb idea from something we had at Focus. And the ranch idea is something we've done for a while. The thing is, there are no measurements with this. You just figure have to figure out what works for you.
I started by cooking bacon to really crispy.
Then, I took a boneless, skinless chicken breast and cut it in half.
I pounded it flat by placing the chicken on a cutting board, putting plastic wrap on top and pounding with the back of a spoon.
I then took a block of Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese and cut a couple slice of it into very tiny cubes. (You could probably just use shredded cheese, but the flavor of the extra sharp was soooo good).
I then put the cheese cubes in a bowl and crumbled the bacon into it until it was mixed so that there was equal parts bacon and cheese.
Then, I put the filling into the middle of the flattened chicken breast, probably about a tablespoon's worth.
I then pulled the ends up around the filling so the two sides were overlapping a bit and put one or two toothpicks to hold them together.
We then put the rolls of chicken on a foil-lined (and non-stick sprayed) cookie sheet.
We took some ranch dressing and drizzled it over the top of the chicken and then used a spoon to evenly coat the dressing around the top and the sides of the chicken.
Then we sprinkled breadcrumbs on the top of the chicken until it was coated.
We put it in the oven and let it bake for about 15 minutes at 350. That was for one breast, so the time or temperature may need to be adjusted for more.
That's it. It was so good. We will definitely have it again. If you happen to see this recipe and try it, let us know what you think!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment